Monday, January 31, 2011

The Forgotten Potato


Last night, when I was preparing to bake myself a potato, I grabbed two. Why not? Plentiful, easy to digest, anti-inflammatory, chocked full of vitamin c... it's great for the skin! I thought if nothing else, I could use it for something else later. Well I forgot about that potato entirely, until this morning, when I stood staring into the fridge, with only a few ingredients remaining.... Breakfast!

What I had on hand:

2 eggs
1/4 cup chopped onion
a couple handfuls of fresh, washed spinach
1 baked potato
salt and pepper to taste
1 TB of butter or Earth Balance

What I did:

Melt butter into wok or pan, add onion and potatoes and brown lightly over medium heat. Crack eggs into large mug or bowl and beat with fork until smooth. Pour eggs over contents in wok or pan, and scramble and mix with a spatula, until done. Lower heat, plop spinach on top and cover. Let steam for a minute or two, until spinach has wilted. Scrape into bowl, add salt and ground pepper to taste... and perhaps some Aardvark. YUM.

For additional information on the health benefits (and concerns) of potatoes, click on this link:

No comments:

Post a Comment